How to Be More Effective Every Day: 8 Tips to Mindfully Schedule Your Day to Maximize Your Effectiveness by Kelli Porcaro
2 years ago
Add to collection
So often I find myself scheduling my day on a first come, first serve basis. According to David Rock’s book, Your Brain At Work, using this approach may not maximize my effectiveness with all that I do! Rock suggests these eight tips:
- DO get things out of your head and down on paper.
- DO pay attention to your mental energy throughout the day and schedule accordingly. Experiment with best times of day for different types of work like creative writing, meetings and routine tasks.
- DO schedule the tasks that require the greatest amount of your attention and energy when you are most fresh and alert, like deep thinking, abstract thinking and analytical thinking.
- DON’T respond to things as they occur. Oftentimes, things like email can wait for a time when you need a break from deep thinking.
- DON’T try to knock out a bunch of little routine tasks to get them out of the way when you are feeling most rested and energized.
- DON’T get distracted by non-urgent matters.
- DO delegate what you can.
- The pre-frontal cortex, where decisions and problems are solved, tires from use and is more effective after a good rest!
What is your best time of day??
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Your Brain at Work: Strategies for Overcoming Distraction, Regaining Focus & Working Smarter All Day Long $16.50
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.