How to Keep Falling in Love With Your Partner (Over & Over Again) by Molly Laird
When I met my person, we were both active artists in Chicago. We were young and carefree. We lived paycheck to paycheck without worry. Our dates consisted of us drinking whiskey under a bridge or PBJs on the beach. As the years have passed, life has changed for us. We moved in together, we battled health issues, we got married and now we are having a baby together. We have had to grow up together, which involves having to watch each other change. Here are some things we have found to help our love grow together while we grow individually:
- Set aside 20 to 30 seconds a day to hug your partner – and really hug them.
- Throw your pride out of the window. Share your insecurities and fears with your partner. We all have them!
- Tell your partner that you "see them" and acknowledge their recent accomplishments (even if that's just getting up and going to work, or helping with the dishes, grocery shopping, household chores, etc.).
- Support your partner with their new passions and hobbies. Set judgment aside. Set opinions aside, even if it is something you may not naturally like and or understand. Take time to learn and appreciate.
- Try your best, and when your best fails, try again.
How do you keep falling in love over and over again with your partner?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.