Families Can Enjoy Summer & Plan for the School Year Ahead: 5 Tips to Help! by Pepi Silverman
As one period of time comes to an end, another is about to begin. August is the month that reflects the end of summer vacation, but initiates the beginning of the next school year. There is still sunshine, long days and fun to be had, but families benefit from using their time well to accomplish everything still left to do.
- Make a plan to enjoy the last days of summer vacation.
- Get outside to soak up all that summer has to offer.
- Keep behavioral expectations high to prepare for the coming school year.
- Plan for the adjustment of returning to school.
- Anticipate the needs ahead and get an early start to be prepared.
Creating a “balance” that celebrates all that summer has to offer against the preparedness that an advanced start to the next school year can provide will score a "win" for the whole family.