It's Hot, Hot, Hot! 5 Ways Your Family Can Hack the Summer Heat! by Cindy Cooke
We all know that high temperatures in July can feel extremely brutal. Sometimes it’s easy to say, “forget it!” to plans you made in order to beat the heat. Instead of getting burned out, check out these tips to stay cooler in the summer!
- Wear loose, lighter-colored clothing.
- Drink more water than usual to stay refreshed and hydrated.
- Take cool showers or baths.
- Limit outdoor activities to early morning and evening when it’s a little cooler.
- Avoid hot, heavy meals.
- Stay informed. The National Weather Service or local news can tell you if the heat is too dangerous.
With these simple hacks to avoid the heat, you’ll be feeling refreshed in no time! For more tips on beating the heat, check out the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For more information on maintaining a healthy summer lifestyle, visit your health care practitioner or go to NPFinder.com to find a nurse practitioner near you.