Jealous of Your Kids' Summer Break? How to Get Through It & Feel Like a New You! by Erica Hornthal
While some parents are excited to send their children off to summer camp, others are reminded that work continues and that there is no summer break from a 9-5 job. That being said, it's so important to incorporate movement and mindfulness into your day in order to avoid a summer funk or brain drain. A few things to keep in mind:
- Be open to change.
- Allow yourself to make mistakes.
- Surround yourself with people who make you the best version of yourself.
Here are some ways to be more mindful daily:
- Use the five senses to be more present and in the moment.
- Move your body to move your mindset.
- Move more to spark creativity, positivity and productivity.
Never underestimate the use of the body to clear, recharge and even rewire the brain. Remember, movement doesn't mean exercise. Try breathing, stretching and adjusting your posture throughout the day. Movement matters!