Rejection Notice? Here Are 6 Positive Strategies for Writers (Anyone, Actually)! by Nancy Dafoe
4 months ago
Recently receive a rejection notice on a writing (or other) project? Don’t let it discourage you or dampen your spirits. Here is a list of helpful strategies to follow in dealing with negative responses.
- Once you send something out, catalog it and then forget about it.
- Research your next target for your project.
- On the day you receive a rejection, mail or send via Internet your next query or project abstract to previously targeted organizations/entities.
- As soon as you complete a project, start taking notes or reading in preparation for your next project (writing or otherwise).
- Keep a weekly journal with thoughts, insights, phrases or ideas you have read or new ones of your own.
- Celebrate your courage in sending out or presenting a project, not simply your successes.
Always look on the bright side!