Moving Into a New Home: 5 Tips to Help You Move Like a Pro! by 30Seconds Mom
5 years ago
Add to collection
According to U.S. Census statistics, 19 million American households move each year. However, doing your research before moving day can save both time and money. Ross Sapir, President of Roadway Moving, NYC's premiere moving company, has gathered these tips to ensure a seamless, stress-free move from start to finish:
- Clear the clutter and start packing early. Breaking out the boxes prior to the night before will allow you to organize items into proper boxes and get rid of unwanted clutter.
- Color code and label boxes. Clearly marking boxes by room and contents will save time (and chaos) during the unpacking process.
- Use suitcases for heavy, bulky items. A suitcase with wheels is the perfect solution to moving awkwardly-shaped and heavy items.
- Stock-up on sandwich-sized bags. Having sandwich-sized bags handy for extra nails/screws, cords, small electronics and miscellaneous, tiny items will keep you from misplacing them.
- Pack an overnight bag for the first night. After a long day of moving, the last thing you want to do is search for your favorite sweatshirt, so come prepared with a bag of overnight essentials.
Get tips on selling your home!