Have a Friend or Relative With an Opposing Political Point of View? Read This! by Nancy Dafoe
Over the course of the last year, many of us have found that discussions relating to politics are putting a strain on our relationships. While recognizing we have deep, significant divides in our country, along conflicting policy lines, remember we have more in common than that which cleaves us apart. Bridging our dichotomy will not be easy, but we can start by acknowledging what we share:
- We are all human beings.
- We are all Americans.
- We all believe in the ideals of America, even if those ideals do not align perfectly.
- We have all loved and want to be loved.
- We all experience fears and doubts.
- We all want to accomplish something.
- We all want to lessen pain.
- We all want to believe we are right.
- We all desire a better future for ourselves and our children.
Be kind to one another.