Charity Yard Sales: Raising Awareness While Building Community by Tiffany Zook
Hosting a charity yard sale is much more than fundraising. Benefit sales help bridge the community to your organization while raising awareness. They allow others to share in your passion while contributing gently used items to your cause. This fall, friends and I will be traveling to Uganda to partner with The Gem Foundation, a home for children with special needs. Our charity yard sales are a big hit! These sales are a time to gather, giggle and connect. Here are a few tips to hosting your sale:
- Sip sweet tea with your team while pricing items.
- Host “Family and Friends Night” before the big sale.
- Hand out a flyer about your non-profit organization.
- Rent a snow cone maker to entertain kids while adults shop.
- Thank all who donate and shop.
- Enjoy time spent with neighbors and friends.
Learn more about The Gem Foundation here.