When Equipped With Information, Parents of Special Needs Kids Can Chart a Course for Success by Pepi Silverman
Parenting is a lifelong journey, but if your child has special needs, that journey can be daunting. By gaining an understanding of the resources available, opportunities can be identified that can support both you, as a parent, and your child as well.
- Collect information to document the needs of your child.
- Join a parent support group to learn from other parents.
- Read books written for parents.
- Seek out support services through your local school district. Early intervention begins at age 3.
- Ask questions: doctors, therapists and teachers can lead you to supports for your child.
Our children are society’s future, and by seeking assistance early, they will have the skills necessary to support their communities when others may need their help.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: