How to Turn Rainy Day Blues Into Positive Actions (Oh, Let It Rain)! by Nancy Dafoe
It has been raining on and off for nearly a month. Yes, it is early June in upstate New York, but even here, that is too much gray sky. I’m a writer, and I don’t feel like writing. On a rainy day, I also don’t feel guilty staying inside and sorting my library or office, playing my music loudly, dancing a little between cleaning projects. Here’s my rainy day list:
- Sort and toss clothes in closet.
- Get rid of clutter on kitchen counters.
- Organize files, both personal and business.
- Teach my dog a new trick. He’s getting older, but he still loves this.
- I’m in the mood again, so write a poem.
Reward: curling up in a favorite chair with a soft blanket, my pup at my feet, a great new read from the library in my hands and a cup of Earl Grey tea at my side. Keep raining, please.