How to Make the End of the School Year a Beginning for New Learning by Pepi Silverman
6 years ago
Add to collection
As the school year comes to an end, it is important to remember that learning must continue. Curriculum is not time defined, so the lessons teachers present at the end of the year are just as important as those lessons first presented in the fall. Keep kids focused by:
- Sticking with learning routines.
- Maintaining the schedule.
- Supporting healthy habits with nutritional snacks.
- Employing hands-on learning by “taking it outside.”
- Planning ahead to maximize learning opportunities.
- Previewing the future for the next grade ahead.
- Celebrating the year’s achievements.
Make the end of the year just as important as the start of the year by emphasizing ongoing learning.