#30Seconds Live: Parenting Teens & Tweens & the Importance of Emotional Intelligence With Sheryl Gould & Kelli Schulte! by Christine Jones
On this episode of #30Seconds Live, we interviewed parent coaches Sheryl Gould and Kelli Schulte. These two fabulous contributors met through 30Seconds.com, demonstrating the real power of our tribe. They are both coaches working with tweens, teens and their families. During the livestream show, we chatted with them about:
- Struggles we face as parents.
- How raising our EQ/self-awareness helps us to become better parents.
- What we tend to focus on as parents (performance, appearances, parenting out of fear) and how to retrain our focus on what really matters (fostering connection, emotional insight and empathy).
- Recognizing our parenting patterns.
- Their journeys to becoming tween/teen coaches.
Sheryl Gould is a blogger, relationship coach and the founder of Moms of Tweens and Teens – a flourishing online community and blog “connecting hearts and transforming homes.” Through her one-to-one coaching, online community and Chicago-based groups, Sheryl provides moms of adolescents with the encouragement, support and self-awareness they need in order to build stronger and healthier relationships in their homes.
Kelli Schulte is a Chicago-based consultant and coach helping individuals and organizations grow in their emotional intelligence. In addition to being a wife and a mom of two young adults, she is a certified coach with the International Coach Federation (ICF), a Certified EQ Assessor and EQ Area Network Leader with Six Seconds, and a panelist with the Six Seconds EQ Community Forum.
Watch this inspiring video interview. We're sure you will relate (and laugh out loud, too)!