degree® In-ear Thermometer: A Parenting Must-Have for Monitoring a Child's Temperature! by Donna John
What parent hasn’t gotten up in the middle of the night to feel their child’s head when they have a fever? Parenting has enough stressors without worrying about your sick child’s temperature during the night. Greta Kreuzer and her medical engineer husband, Johannes, found this out firsthand when their 3-year-old daughter had a viral infection that caused a high fever that led to febrile convulsion.
“I sat at her bed, taking her temperature every hour. But still I couldn’t see the seizure coming," says Greta. Later she learned why: febrile convulsion is not the absolute height of the temperature, but the fast rise of it. These proactive parents decided to do something to help other parents, and degree®, the first wearable in-ear thermometer that offers continuous temperature monitoring, was born. Here’s some of the benefits of degree®:
- Know if your child’s temperature is increasing or decreasing at any moment.
- Parents can relax through the night knowing they will receive an alarm if temperature is too high or rises too fast.
- Know the effects of your treatment of the illness.
- Know how long it takes for treatments to work.
- Once your child wears degree® you can see every change of the body temperature on your smartphone with the app.
- Parents won’t wake a sick child up in the middle of the night for no reason.
- See if your child’s temp is on a curve, which helps you understand where the temperature is trending.
What's not to love? Learn more about degree® here and the Kickstarter campaign here. The video is longer than 30 seconds, but we thought you'd want to learn about this innovative health product!
Note: Always be careful and take caution with small items if your children are younger than 3, as they may pose a choking hazard.