Postpartum Depression: 6 Ways to Help a Friend Who Is Suffering From PPD by Jennison Grigsby
Sometimes it's difficult to know what to do when you see a friend suffering from postpartum depression (PPD). Should you give her space? Should you go to her house every day to check on her? Here are six ways you can support a friend who has postpartum depression.
- Say, "I am here." A hot cup of coffee and the company of a friend goes a long way.
- Take her for a walk. Easy exercise outside in the sun is a great way to help elevate one's mood.
- Stop by. Drop off a meal or help to clean the house when she's at a doctor's appointment.
- Encourage her to sign up for a local moms group or baby and me yoga class.
- Offer to babysit so she can have some "me" time.
- Contact local health and therapy centers in her neighborhood if you feel that her depression needs professional assistance.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.