Fun Summer Crafts for Kids: How to Make Paper Popsicles! by Donna John
Sometimes it's just too hot to go outside for an ice cream treat. Instead, let your kids get creative and make their own paper Popsicle crafts. Not only do these treats not melt, they'll keep kids entertained – at least for a little while.
- cardstock and/or construction paper
- craft sticks
- markers (optional)
Here's how to make them:
- Trace the shape of a Popsicle or ice cream treat onto the cardstock or construction paper. Cut it out using scissors (image 1).
- Glue the craft stick to the back of the ice cream shape (image 2).
- Draw the ice cream "drips" for the top or the side of the Popsicle (as shown in the pictures). Cut them out and glue onto the Popsicle shape. Alternately, your child could draw them on with markers.
- To make an accordion-style Popsicle (image 3), cut the shape out a little larger and fold the sides in to meet in the middle. Put a dab of glue inside to hold the shape flat.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.