A Thank You Note to My Brother: Happy National Siblings Day! by Kimberly Johnson
On National Siblings Day, I want to say thank you to my favorite little bother. If you ask anyone that knew us as children, they probably wouldn't remember us as having a very loving relationship, and they wouldn't be wrong. The good thing is, while you still make me roll my eyes regularly, our relationship has evolved as we've become adults. Thank you for:
- Allowing me and my friends to perfect our makeup skills using your face.
- Always having my back when it came to others being unkind.
- Giving me an adorable nephew to love.
- Being just the right mix of loving and silly uncle to my kids.
- Helping me learn, through our childhood, ways to cultivate my children's relationship so that theirs can be closer and more loving.
I'm grateful for our perfectly imperfect relationship!