Want to Raise “Good Kids” in These Changing Times? Do These 5 Things! by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
Parents today can’t help but notice (and worry) that their kids’ childhoods are different from their own. Our kids would rather play video games than play outside; they expect instant gratification; they forget their manners. Of course, parents of all generations want to raise happy, well-adjusted kids. Psychologists at Harvard University have found that there are five elements to raising a “good kid,” and – good news! – they’re pretty simple:
- Spend quality time with your children.
- Be a strong moral role model and mentor for them.
- Set high ethical expectations and teach your kids to be kind.
- Encourage them to practice gratitude.
- Teach your kids to see the big picture.
The secret to raising "a well-adjusted child in these changing times is not as complicated as you may think.” (Simon Segal)
Read more about raising good kids via Curious Mind Magazine here!