Get Crafty: 5 Why-Didn't-I-Think-of-That Craft Hacks for Kids & Moms! by Kimberly Johnson
Stuck in the house with creative kids who want to craft? Here are ways to minimize the mess, but allow your kids some independence so you can have some YOU time, too!
- Cover work surface with press and seal plastic wrap for easy cleanup.
- Stand toilet paper rolls in a shoe box for a DIY, easily accessible craft caddy.
- Place a damp sponge in an airtight container. Add 4 ounces of glue and let sit overnight. Children can rub smaller craft items on the sponge and stick them to their projects.
- Recycle empty hand soap pumps into paint dispensers to minimize paint spills.
- If you have little ones that want to “independently” craft with older siblings, place a sheet of paper in a gallon plastic storage bag with a few squirts of paint. Seal the bag and let them squish and squash the paint for a mess-free work of art.
Share your favorite craft hack!