Taming Toys: 7 Steps to Take Back Your House & Your Sanity! by Destination Organization
Does your family room resemble a disaster zone toy store? Believe it or not, it doesn’t have to be that way! Follow these steps to tame the toys!
- Get the kids involved so they can learn and buy-in to the solutions.
- Assess what's working or what's not.
- Determine your goals. Toys in one room or multiple rooms? Put away or plain sight?
- Sort into categories that make sense to your kids. Include categories for donations, recycling, garbage, etc.
- Create play zones (i.e. Where's the best place for crafts, board games, books?).
- Containerize! Make sure the kids can psychically manage the container size and closures, LABEL them so there are no excuses.
- Set expectations by providing your kids a checklist or photo of what "toys picked up" looks like.
For creative container ideas, check out my blog post here!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: