Arbor Day: Here Are 5 Ways to Celebrate & Start New Spring Family Traditions! by Kimberly Johnson
Trees do so much for our communities; from providing oxygen, homes for wildlife and soil stabilization to providing us with materials for tools and shelter. Here are some ways to share the importance of trees with your children:
- Have a tree planting party! Order native tree seedlings in bulk and plant trees with friends and neighbors.
- Gather a group to clean up a park or recreational area.
- Organize a tree "scavenger hunt" or go on a hike to find the biggest or oldest tree in your area.
- Encourage kids to be creative and make tree-friendly crafts (like bird feeders or birdhouses) out of recycled materials.
- Hold a meeting with an arborist who can share the importance of native trees, and how to identify and provide the best care to them.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: