Volunteering: Here's Why It's a Gift to Your Community & Your Family! by Renee
Make a Difference Activities Parenting
6 years ago
Add to collection
Volunteering is linked to academic gain, gives opportunities to build great problem solving and leadership skills, and can promote future civic participation. Communities thrive when people are engaged and take initiative, so help your child make a difference! Sometimes children have more creative ideas than adults, so be sure to ask for their input on how your family can help others! To get you started, here is a list of ways to serve your community right now:
- Walk around your neighborhood or nearby park and pick up litter.
- Make cards for a nursing home.
- Donate to a local food bank.
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
- Contact the volunteer coordinator at the local children's or VA hospital to see how you can help.
- Make treats and deliver them to local police or fire stations.
Together, we can make a difference!