Fun Crafts for Kids & Bird Lovers: How to Make DIY Ice Cream Cone Bird Feeders by Donna John
One of my greatest pleasures at home is watching the birds in the backyard. Inspired by Kim Kusiciel's bagel bird feeder idea, I came up with ice cream cone bird feeders. Be sure to have some ice cream in the freezer so after your kids make a treat for the birds they can have one themselves.
Here’s how you make them:
- At the bottom of the cone, poke a hole through the sides (I used a small screwdriver).
- Thread a piece of twine, yarn or string through the holes and tie, creating a hanger.
- Spread peanut butter on the rim and sides of what was the top (but now the bottom) of the cone.
- Dip the peanut butter in birdseed to coat.
- Hang it in a tree and enjoy watching the birds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.