Emotional Intelligence: How It May Predict Your Child's Future Wellness! by Kelli Porcaro
What's an indicator of your child's future wellness as it relates to education, employment, good choices, substance use and mental health? According to several studies, it's their social emotional competence, also known as EQ. What does EQ look like in a young child? It's their ability to:
- solve problems
- act kindly
As a parent, you can help by modeling and encouraging your child to:
- Name at least three emotions he is feeling in the moment.
- Talk about how his feelings and thoughts influence how he wants to react.
- List possible options on how to respond (vs. react) to something.
- Play detective and consider the thoughts and feelings of others before he chooses his own response.
- Learn to listen for emotions in others.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Books on Emotional Intelligence $3 - $13
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.