How to Celebrate Black History Month: 10 Fun & Educational Black History Activities for Kids by Donna John
February is Black History Month. Encourage your kids to learn more about Black History Month by doing fun activities together. Education.com has lots of ideas to honor the month, and here are just a few:
- Make a Martin Luther King, Jr. timeline and read books about Martin Luther King. Jr.
- Do Barack Obama crosswords and trivia and read books about Barack Obama.
- Take a Black History Month quiz.
- Print out black history playing cards.
- Write your reflections on Rosa Parks and read books about Rosa Parks.
- Take a quiz on famous African-Americans in history.
- Make a Jackie Robinson baseball card and read books about Jackie Robinson.
- Cook African peanut stew together as a family (here's a recipe for African peanut stew).
- Make a dove of peace.
- Print out a worksheet on the history of jazz.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.