Express Yourself: 5 Ways Movement Leads to Growth & Development in Kids! by Erica Hornthal
Movement is not just about exercise and physical fitness. We use movement every day to express who we are and how we feel. Did you know that movement (eye contact, posture and coordination) has the following benefits?
- Fosters healthy attachments.
- Supports cognitive development.
- Facilitates expression and non-verbal communication.
- Increases socialization.
- Highlights self-awareness.
It is in your child's best interest to incorporate movement into everyday life. Here are some ways to do that:
- Stretch before getting out of bed and directly after.
- Trade technology for a walk around the neighborhood.
- Encourage eye contact when appropriate.
- Tap into the five senses to increase mindfulness.
- Practice good posture to enhance mood.