Personal Goals: Where Are You Standing & In What Direction Are You Moving? by Kelli Porcaro
Often times, the New Year sparks the desire for a transition in your career, relationships, personal goals or just life itself. As you consider these changes, keep the following in mind:
- Recognize your starting point and identify your dreams, values and goals.
- Create a vision of where you want to be and what is going to be important to you one year from now.
- Recognize the gap between where you are today and where you want to be, along with what is in the way of getting there.
- Commit to a plan to move forward little by little each day, knowing some days are going to be excellent, and some are going to be met with unexpected challenges.
- And finally, remember the words of Oliver Wendell Holmes: “The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.”