Kids Arguing? 6 Ways to Help Them Negotiate & Find Common Ground! by Doctor Harmony
Do you find yourself pulling out your hair in frustration when your children argue and bicker? Sibling arguments are a great way for children to learn important life skills, such as:
- assertive communication
No longer will you feel helpless with these six tips!
- Remember there are two sides to every argument.
- Remain impartial and hear both sides.
- Ask each one to explain the other child's view and feelings.
- Get them to brainstorm possible solutions to get a win-win if possible.
- Assess pros and cons of each solution.
- Encourage them to choose a solution and carry it out. Congratulate them on working it out.
Younger children need more help. With practice your children will be negotiating independently at home and in life so you can rest assured.