New Year's Heartburn & Hangovers: 6 Things Your Body Wants You to Know! by Sherry Torkos
Between the parties and plethora of food and the drinks and treats around it is no wonder that many succumb to hangovers and heartburn this time of the year. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Keep your digestion on track by eating smaller meals and avoid heavy late-night snacking.
- Avoid holiday hangovers by alternating a glass of water with an alcoholic drink so that you stay properly hydrated.
- While many reach for pain relievers like acetaminophen, they can actually cause more stress to your liver.
- Skip the greasy burger before bed and have a banana and a glass of coconut water instead to replenish vital electrolytes, such as potassium, as well as important nutrients.
- If you have the munchies snack on a handful of walnuts. They are rich in the amino acid arginine, which can aid the liver in detoxifying ammonia (a by-product of alcohol). Walnuts are also high in glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids, which support liver health.
- To further aid detoxification and keep your digestive system on track, try A. Vogel’s Boldocynara complex, which contains artichoke and milk thistle – herbs that help to support liver health and help to relieve heartburn, bloating and indigestion.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.