Holiday Decorating Ideas: Christmas Décor, Easy Recipes & DIY Ideas From Debi Lilly by Donna John
Holiday season is officially here! And that means it's time for holiday decorating, festive parties and time spent with family cozied up by the fire.
We talked with our very own 30Seconds contributor Debi Lilly about holiday decorating ideas. Debi is CEO and founder of A Perfect Event and an extraordinary event planner. Here are just some of her fabulous holiday ideas!
Q: What are the season’s top holiday décor trends?
- Soft, neutral palettes are white hot – a nod to “Scandi Style” – Ikea/Scandinavian modern minimalism.
- Mixed metallics – from gold to copper to silver – mixed together add instant sparkle and shine.
- Organic, natural blooming gardens with long-lasting, low money plants grouped together create big wow focal points.
Q: What are fast and easy DIY tips and tricks for easy entertaining?
- I love setting tasting bars, “set it ‘n’ forget it” style, so you can relax and enjoy the party and your friends and family.
- Chill bottles of prosecco, wine, sparkling waters or premix cocktails in large pitchers for self-serve in style.
- Appetizers for noshing, salads and meats for entrée, sweets for dessert that look and taste delish.
Q: Any time-saving tips for setting the holiday table?
- I’m obsessed with wrapping paper runners down the table – so fast and fun!
- Candles create instant winter warmth – and then just need hints of floral for a pop of color.
- Love elegant details like rosemary and cinnamon folded in napkins. Perfect for the kids – always get them involved!
Q: Straight from your recent culinary training in Paris, what are your favorite new holiday recipes?
- Obsessed with boozy shakes (strawberry vodka milkshakes) with gingerbread cookie babies tied with twine.
- Endive + herbed goat cheese + pastrami smoked salmon + herb = no cook and delicious!
- Chicken fingers + waffle cones + thyme and rosemary served inside small juice glasses = epic.
- Sliced pound cake + whipped cream + pomegranate seeds = fast, fab Pom Parfaits.
Q: What are some elegant, easy hostess gifts?
- Love filling canning jars from the grocery store with Epsom salt, fresh herbs or citrus rinds in fave flavors for homemade gifts.
- Same canning jars + favorite holiday cookies = a beautiful cookie jar. Top with our pattern papers on debililly.com!
- Long-lasting paperwhites or amaryllis bulbs bloom in four to six weeks, creating beauty plus holiday happiness.
Be sure to follow @debililly and @aperfectevent, visit DebiLilly.com, like her on Facebook and check out her 30Seconds page!
Photos courtesy of Emilia Jane Photography, Roots of Life, and Amy Boyle.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get inspiration in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.