Let's Stop Bullying! 5 Positive Steps to Address the Bullying Epidemic - Now! by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
2 years ago
In honor of National Bullying Prevention Month, here are a few tips for addressing the bullying epidemic!
- Adapt your methods. Studies show that zero tolerance policies are ineffective. More successful strategies are positive (not punitive) and tied to curriculum.
- Avoid labeling. Focus on discussing the behavior (bullying), rather than labeling a child a bully (or victim).
- Start early. It's never too early to teach your child empathy and kindness.
- Get creative! Include the arts in bullying-prevention programming.
- Teach acceptance. Tolerance should not be our goal!
Let's act now! Read more at Edutopia!