5 Creative Ways to Get Rid of All of That Halloween Candy! by Christine Jones
My kids love Halloween and they take trick-or-treating very seriously! And while it's fun to collect a massive haul of treats and get your fill of candy, after a few days, I just need to get rid of it. Here are five things to do to get rid of the Halloween candy stash aside from just eating it!
- The Switch Witch: I love this! A few nights after Halloween, after the kids have enjoyed plenty of their favorite fun-sized candy bars, the Switch Witch comes to our house (just like Santa or the Tooth Fairy). She takes away the remaining candy and in its place, she switches it for a toy that the child has been wanting. My kids are always happy to lose the candy to a new pack of Pokemon cards, a new book or a video game. I love that they indulge for a night or two, but then I can put an end to it!
- Decorate for the Holidays: Put some of the candy away in the back of the pantry to use to decorate your gingerbread house or cookies during the holidays.
- Bake With It: It's so easy to whip up a batch of cookies or brownies with your leftover candy. Not only will you have fun baking with the kids but you’ll use the bulk of your candy up quickly. Throw M&M's into cookie batter and peanut butter cups into brownies.
- Sell Your Candy: Many pediatric dentist offices offer a candy buyback program. Cash for candy?! My kids are in!
- Share It With an Office: Every year, I send a bag of our Halloween candy to my husband’s office and every year he tells me how thankful everyone was to have it. Such a simple idea and one that is often overlooked.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.