Have a Baby & Want to Practice Yoga? 5 Tips That Really Work! by Nicole DeAvilla
6 years ago
Add to collection
Want to practice yoga but Baby acts up? There is a simple solution! Keep eye contact with your baby while you practice. This entails strategic placement of your baby and a few simple modifications to your yoga practice.
- For standing poses, ideally have your baby in a standing basinet so you can easily see her. The floor works too. Watch your posture (and your balance) when you look down.
- For seated and floor poses have your baby on the floor or in a floor standing baby seat. Keep the eye contact!
- Get creative. For example, with downward dog place your baby between your hands.
- When lying down, hold your baby on your body. It's not total relaxation but it's the next best thing!
- Talk to your baby. Try lovingly repeating Ananda Yoga Affirmations.
Click here for Ananda Yoga Affirmations PDF!