Kindness Has a Sound! 8 Ways to Ring in the Sounds of Kindness for Your Kids! by Dr. Lynne Kenney
Have you ever noticed that kindness actually sounds like something? Your kids know it – they are sound detectives. They can hear sarcasm or contempt a million miles away. Help soften the tone in your home and ring in the “sounds of kindness” by talking with your children about what kindness sounds like. Ask them:
- "Hey, kids, did you ever notice that being kind actually sounds like something?"
- "If you can hear kindness what does it sound like?"
- "What does your brain actually hear?"
- "The tone?"
- "The words?"
- "What do you hear when someone is being kind?"
- "What do you hear when someone is being unkind?"
- "What can we do to hear more kindness in our home?"
Let’s begin to notice the "sounds of kindness" more in our families. We’ll all be more connected when we do.