10 Easy Ways to Build Your Kid's Confidence - Daily! by Holly Budde
It's back-to-school time! The kids are all excited to see friends! But how can we as parents help them keep the excitement and positive attitude all year? Build their confidence! School years are stressful and social anxiety is normal. Try these simple things to help your kids feel good about themselves - every day!
- Thank your kids at least once a day.
- Praise them.
- Make them accountable for their actions – don't make excuses for them.
- Encourage their abilities.
- Support them in activities they like to do.
- Allow for "down time."
- Tell them it's OK to cry – tomorrow is a new day!
- If they fail, tell them it's OK to fail sometimes!
- Laugh with them.
- Compliment something about them every day!
Confident kids are happy kids! Healthy and happy is a great recipe for a successful school year!