How to Make Pool Noodle Sailboats: A Fun & Economical Activity With Kids! by Elisa All Schmitz 30Seconds
Summer just got more fun with this easy and economical pool noodle sailboat craft! You'll need:
- pool noodle
- barbecue skewers
- colorful craft foam
- waterproof decorative tape
- waterproof markers
- Styrofoam balls
How to make it:
- Parents only: Using a knife, cut a 12-inch section of a pool noodle. Cut section in half lengthwise to create a hull of a sailboat. You can cut the front into a triangle shape if you like.
- Cut various shapes from colorful craft foam - triangles, squares, circles - to create sails. Thread sails onto a barbecue skewer you use as a mast.
- Place mast into pool noodle, pointed side down. You can cover the top of the skewer with a Styrofoam ball (kids over age 3).
- Let kids decorate using waterproof tape or markers.
- Set sail at the beach, pool or even the bathtub!