First Year School Kids May Need Extra Help With Sleep by Nicole DeAvilla
Kids need their sleep to do well academically and socially in school. Researchers in a study published in the journal, Pediatrics, found that nearly a quarter of kids have sleep issues when they start school. If your child needs help with sleep here are some tips!
- Have a consistent bedtime.
- Have a consistent bedtime routine.
- Use relaxation strategies for anxiety.
- Keep screens out of the bedroom.
- No caffeine near bedtime.
- Plan ahead so extracurricular activities, homework, visits from family, etc., don't trump bedtime.
Learn more about helping school-age kids sleep better here!