New Mom, Hang in There! 9 Things You Need to Hear Now! by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
New motherhood is amazing and beautiful, magical, even. But for a time it’s also exhausting and overwhelming. As someone who has made it safely to the other side of diapers and bottles and sleepless nights, here are some words of encouragement!
- If the unsolicited advice you receive is helpful, take it. If it’s not, ignore it.
- If the advice in all those baby books is helpful, take it. If it’s not, ignore it.
- Don’t try to be Super Mom (no one likes her anyway).
- Take it one day at a time.
- Trust your instincts.
- Ask for help (it really does take a village).
- Know that it gets easier.
- Know that you’re doing a great job.
- Know that even if you’re un-showered and can’t remember the last time you changed your clothes, your baby thinks you’re the most beautiful creature on earth.
Welcome to parenthood!