5 Fun Ways for Kids to Learn About & Celebrate the 4th of July! by Pamela Allen
Most kids naturally love cookouts and fireworks. Nevertheless it’s great to see them excited about our county’s declaration of independence, too. Here are some ideas to get them interested and to learn more about our country's independence and July 4th!
- Rent the movie “1776.” A lively musical, the movie captures the adventurous spirit that created our nation.
- On the 4th encourage everyone to dress in red, white and blue.
- Have a contest for the best outfit.
- Go to a 4th of July parade.
- Decorate bicycles for a parade at home. Use red, white and blue crepe paper to decorate bike wheels.
Most of all, make lots of family memories!