10 Amazing Lessons I’ve Learned in My 10 Years of Parenting by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
My son turned 10 recently and I’ve been reflecting on the last decade. Where did the time go?! Here are 10 things I’ve learned about motherhood and life from a little person 30 years my junior!
- The little things aren’t so little.
- There is so much goodness in the world.
- Discipline is love.
- There is nothing like the sound of your baby’s first giggle or the feeling of his little hand in yours.
- We should all see the world, and each other, through the eyes of a child.
- Homemade gifts are the best.
- There’s a healing power in cuddling with a little person who calls you “mama.”
- Patience really is a virtue.
- Unconditional love is a beautiful thing.
- The days are long but the years are short.
Isn’t it amazing how much our kids teach us?