How to Control Mosquitoes Naturally: 5 Ridiculously Easy DIY Ways to Repel Mosquitoes by Joani Plenty
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the strength given to a female mosquito after just one bite from your child will allow it to lay 100 to 300 eggs! Blahhhh. But try one or all of these home remedies for a more enjoyable, bite-and-bump-free, summer:
- Bubble Machine: Fun and effective!
- Homemade Repellent: Mix one part lemongrass, eucalyptus and/or citrus essential oils to three parts water. Spray in small test area first. For kids older than 3 only.
- Fabric Softener Sheets: Rub yourselves down and/or stick them into your pockets.
- Fan: The wind is too much for those pesky nibblers.
- DIY Floating Candles: Fill mason jars or jelly jars with water. Add about 24 drops of cinnamon oil, lemon slices, fresh rosemary sprigs and a floating tealight candle.
Enjoy the scent of a mosquito-free summer.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bubble Machines $10 & Up
Eucalyptus Oil $6 & Up
Citrus Essential Oils $4 & Up
Lemongrass Essential Oils $6 & Up
Floating Tealight Candles $6 & Up
Fabric Softener Sheets $4 & Up
Fans $10 & Up
Cinnamon Essential Oil $6 & Up
Mason Jars $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.