5 Cliché Father’s Day Gifts That Were Actually Done Right! by Tatyana Shestopalova
At GiftOn, we recently asked fathers and their families about their best Father’s Day gifts. Some of their best stories were about common (or cliché) Father's Day gifts – but done right! Check out these great stories:
- Books: "The best Father’s Day gift I’ve given was a fill-in-the blank '50 things I Love About You' book. I loved that it gave me a structure to fill in all the reasons my dad was amazing. It was also really easy to do since I just had to fill in one sentence for each blank. My dad cried when he read it." – Marcella from Chicago
- Clothing: "One year I gave my dad a T-shirt from the Adler Planetarium that says, “Science is Freaking Cool,” along with some astronaut ice cream. He had given me an Adler membership for my birthday, so my gift felt like me showing him how much I appreciated his gift to me. He loved it and even sent me a picture of him wearing the shirt!" - Emily from Chicago
- Golf: “The best Father’s Day gift I gave was a three-day weekend of golf in three states with my dad! We both love golf and it was a wonderful time to bond with him. He loved it!” – Chris from Chicago
- Food: “My dad loves his coffee and during a recent trip to Costa Rica, we found a great spot. The place had an online store, and I was able to order some of my dad’s favorite coffee from there. He absolutely loved it, and even texted me a picture of him grinding up the coffee beans.” – Kyle from Miami
- Puppy: “When my kids were 8 and 4, they got me a Yorkshire Terrier for Father’s Day. The kids thought Dad needed a dog. In reality, the kids wanted the dog. I ended up falling in love with the dog. It became a best friend to myself, my family and even the cat. Best gift I’ve ever received!” – Greg from Chicago
Happy Father's Day!
This little book contains fill-in-the-blank lines to describe why your pops is tops. Just complete each line and voilà: you have a uniquely personal gift he'll read again and again. Make it as tender, silly or groveling as you choose!
A fun shirt for dads who love their dogs – and kids, of course!
Dad won't be embarrassed golfing with these fun emoji golf balls ... will he?
Dad may not get coffee beans from Costa Rica, but he can enjoy his not-from-Costa-Rica-coffee in a fun mug.
You knew we had to include the most cliché Father's Day gift of all. We just had to. But Dad is sure to love it!