5 Fun Summer Activities to Get Your Teen Moving (Without His Phone)! by Kathy Shimmield
Want your teens to get off their phones or video games and get some exercise? We all do! Here are five fun activities your teen can do this summer that won't cause a grimace, whine or complaint.
- Have a water balloon fight. Grab those water balloons, get outside and let loose!
- Encourage them to grab their bike and meet up with some friends at the local park for an impromptu picnic. Throw some snacks, water, maybe a ball for a game of volleyball or soccer in a backpack, then off they go! It will probably become a weekly event!
- Find out your community’s events list for the summer and share it with your teen.
- Google “teen volunteer jobs” and your home town.
- You're never too old to sell lemonade! Have them make some cookies or brownies and set up a table down the street with friends. A fun summer activity and a money maker!
Your teen may resist at first, but once they realize how much fun they can have off the couch, they're sure to get with the program!