Building Self-Confidence: 6 Steps to Help Kids Deal With Life's Problems & Challenges! by Doctor Harmony
Add to collection
You can't protect your children from life challenges, but you can equip them to solve problems confidently. This helps their self-confidence and can reassure you that they are able to deal independently without you.
- Ask children questions every day to encourage them to think independently and to be inquisitive. For example ask, "Why/what do you think...?"
- Get your child to identify any life problems.
- Help them list possible options and the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
- Assist your child to choose an option to act on.
- Check with the child about how it went.
- Congratulate your child on success. If it was an unfavorable outcome, discuss what could be learned for next time and congratulate their efforts.
Talk through how you solve problems as they occur every day!