5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Having a Baby (You've Gotta Read This)! by Cheryl Leahy
Before I had a baby, I wasn't all that knowledgeable about them. Sure, I read all of the books, from "What to Expect When You're Expecting" to ones on baby CPR, but they left out a few truly important messages. I compiled a list of the five things I wish I knew before I had a baby that you probably won't find in any book!
- Lower you expectations. That perfect dinner you had time to prepare? Nope. Accept that putting something on the table is a major victory. And frozen pizza counts, especially in those first few months.
- Know who to listen to. When it comes to babies, everyone has an opinion. Here's the catch - they have never had your baby.
- Sleep is SUCH a precious commodity. I never understood what exhausted meant until I had a baby ... especially one who didn't sleep much.
- Figure out who the new "you" is. I was terrified to lose myself after having kids. OK, so you won't be ruling the beer pong table anymore, but maybe you realize that you have a knack for making homemade granola.
- This too shall pass. Any phase, issue or challenge that your child presents will pass.
You've got this!