Can Moms Really Have It All? 6 Questions to Ask Yourself - Now! by Doctor Harmony
Parenting Tip of the Day
6 years ago
Add to collection
Welcome to the "Modern Mom Syndrome." We want it all, but find it hard to achieve (at least all at once). So, can we really have all we want in life? Most moms have a limited amount of time, energy and money. And, we are only human, no matter how high our expectations are of ourselves. A first step toward figuring this out may be to ask ourselves these questions:
- What are my priorities in life?
- Am I living according to this?
- Does it really matter if I don't please others?
- Who will live with the outcome?
- Am I helping my children to grow into capable and caring adults if I do everything for them or give them what they want consistently, even if we struggle?
- If I say, "I'm sorry, but I can't do it," what would be the most likely worst-case outcome?
Ultimately, the most important question we need to answer is if we are doing our children (and ourselves) a favor by putting a lot of pressure and expectations on ourselves.
Is it worth it? Only you can answer this one!