10 Life-Affirming Things We Learned From Candace Payne, the Happy Chewbacca Mask Mom by Donna John
In life, it’s usually the big stuff that grabs our full attention. That we anticipate, think about, capture in photos, talk about with friends and family … and remember in detail. But what about those little things? Those small, unexpected moments that brings us joy?
Watching a lizard eat ants for 20 minutes with your grandchild, enjoying that first sip of a wonderful new red wine, sitting peacefully in complete silence as a very pregnant deer happily eats alfalfa hay 50 feet away from you – laughing out loud as Candace Payne belly laughs because of her Star Wars Chewbacca mask from Kohl’s. Millions also felt her enthusiasm for life and wanted to participate in her moment, but what can we learn from her?
- Live in the moment.
- Stop caring so much what other people think about you.
- Be yourself.
- Let your feelings out – however they want to present themselves (uncontrolled laughter, tears, a smile that comes straight from your heart, giggles).
- Don’t take the small things for granted.
- Share your joy with others – or keep it to yourself. It’s your moment to do with what you will.
- Know what will make you happy – and go get it!
- Don’t put a price tag on happiness.
- Belly laughs are not reserved for kids.
- It’s the simple joys in life.
So thank you, Candace, for being one of my small moments that made me do something I haven’t done in a while – LOL for real.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Star Wars Movies $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.