6 Creative Ways to Use Those Horrible Hanger Straps on Women's Clothing (We Know You Cut Them Off)! by Martha McGlothlin
You know those silky fabric loops (aka hanger straps) that are sewn inside dresses and tops to enable us to easily hang the garment? Often we don’t even need them and all they do is pop out under our arms at the worst times. Why not cut them off and use them for something else? Here are a few ideas:
- Use as gift ribbon (only the silky kind, not the rubbery loops).
- They are a great way to tie name tags to a gift bag.
- Tie them around your hair.
- Secure loose cords around your house.
- They make great ornament hangers.
- Use them as a bookmark.
The possibilities are endless! They come in pretty colors and are soft to the touch. They are also free (well, sort of)! Thanks to fashion designers, we have another item for our craft box.