Resilience is Key for Kids: 11 Ways Parents Can Help Raise Resilient Children! by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
When speaking with teachers, something I hear often is that our kids need to become more resilient. Resilience, or the ability to bounce back from challenges, helps kids manage the ups and downs of childhood and adolescence. Try these 11 tips to help build resilience in your children!
- Teach your child to problem-solve.
- Let her make mistakes.
- Practice gratitude.
- Don’t accommodate every need.
- Don’t provide all the answers.
- Help him to believe in himself.
- Help her understand that not everyone can be first, second or third.
- Encourage him to do the things he enjoys.
- Help her see the positive in a situation.
- Help him manage emotions.
- Model resilience.
By the way, these tips work for us parents, too!