Work at Home Moms: 9 Ways to Fight Separation Anxiety & Reduce Your Child's Fears! by Dr. Jamie Krenn
Most young children are not able to sit next to you quietly as you tap away on your keyboard, and a fair number of you reading this would probably relish some additional time to focus on your tasks at hand. The question remains: How will your child handle time away from you so you can work? Hiring care for the first time can be daunting for every parent. What can you do to ease the transition?
- Have a play date with a potential caregiver and PAY them. In your first meeting with your potential caregiver, suggest a play date in which you are present.
- Before this play date, create opportunities to talk to your kids about being away from home.
- Always say goodbye.
- Be home the first time you hire care.
- Start with smaller time increments then gradually increase.
- Don’t expect to finish huge projects the first few times.
- Plan a few activities for the caregiver you know your child will love.
- Be present and focused when you are away and working.
- Be happy and excited to see your little one when your work is complete.
Get more information about each of these tips here!